Homemade recipes are always fun to share and this one is definitely worth trying. Super tasty, packed full of veg and just crying out to be enjoyed with your friends and family.
(Recipe serves 2 people)
- 1 +1/2 cups of red lentils
- 1 onion
- 2 stalks of celery and some celery leaves
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup of broccoli
- 1 cup of sliced carrots
- 1 can if chopped tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Handful of walnuts
- 2 nests of wholewheat noodles
- Rapeseed oil or coconut oil
- 2 medium sized pots
- 1 large wok
- Vegetable knife
- Measuring cups
- Take one medium sized pot and measure out 1 and a half cups of red lentils into it.
- Place the pot on the stove, cover in boiling water and boil for 10 minutes.
- While the lentils boil prepare the rest of the veg.
- First take your onion and peel it before you slice it up into large chunks and add this to your wok with your oil and begin to simmer.
- Next slice up your 2 garlic cloves either by dicing them with your knife or crushing with a garlic crusher. Then add them to the wok with the onions and prepare your veg.
- Carefully measure out 1 cup of carrots, brocolli and mushrooms and slice them up as small or large as you like and again add them to the wok.
- Finally take two stalks of your celery and slice it into small segments and add some leaves as well for extra flavour and nutrients.
- Once all of the veg is in the wok stir well. Allowing the flavours to mix and mingle together as you go.
- By now the lentils shoul have had 10 minutes on the boil so reduce the heat and allow them to simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Continue stirring the vegetables in the wok and after 5 minutes add the chopped tomatoes and stir well.
- At this point place your noodles in the second pot and cover with boiling water. Allow them to boil for 5 minutes.
- At this point you can continue to stir the veg in the wok and prepare your walnuts. Either slice or grind them up or give them a quick blitz in a blender and then get ready to serve it all up.
- After the veg and noodles have had 5 minutes it is time to drain the lentils and mix with the rest of the veg in the wok. At the same time you can drain your noodles and serve onto your plate.
- Next add your finished Bolognese on top and sprinkle your ground walnuts evenly across the plate to garnish.
- Et voila… I present to you, your dinner. Enjoy!
Nutritional value per serving:
- Protein- 34 grams
- Carbs – 100 grams
- Fats – 10 grams
- Calories – 602 kcals
1 serving counts as 5 of your 10 a day.
Also contains 100% of your vitamin C, 100% of your daily recommended intake of vitamin A, as well as 50% of your daily Iron intake.