Alright so don’t be put of by their green appearance, these pancakes are both super nutritious, gluten free, dairy free and tastier than you can possibly imagine.
They provide a great amount of fibre (20 grams) and plenty of protein and calories to help you build lean muscle and fuel a long workout session or event.
They are also super easy to make which is a huge plus.
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup of blueberries
- 2 cups of oats
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 tablespoon of ground flax seeds
- 1 table spoon of spirulina powder
- sprinkle of coconut shavings
- sprinkle of organic cacao nibs
- coconut oil for cooking
- Berries (optional)
Makes 2 large pancakes
- 1 large wok or frying pan
- 1 fork or whisk
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 measuring jug or measuring cups
- 1 table spoon
- 1 tea spoon
- 1 spatula
- Take your mixing bowl or dish and measure out the following, adding each in turn to the bowl. 1 Banana (mush it down first, but down blend it, this allows you get get little chunks of banana in the pancakes when complete.) half a cup of blueberries, 2 cups of oats, 1 up of almond milk and 1 tablespoon of spirulina powder. Whick these well together but leave the berries intact again to allow them to remain whole and juicy int he finished pancakes.
- Add a table spoon of ground flax seeds, and sprinkle in as much coconut shavings and cacao nibs as you please. And again stir the mixture well.
- Place your mixture to one side and prepare the wok or pan.
- Place it on a medium to high heat and add a tea spoon of coconut oil to the pan.
- Once the coconut oil has melted, pour out half of the mixture into the pan and spread it evenly into whatever sized pancakes you so wish.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes making sure to keep the pancake moving and if needed using a spatula to separate the pancake from the bottom of the pan.
- When it is cooked to your liking, flip or turn the pancake and repeat the process on the other side, Taking care to again avoid the pancake sticking to the pan. You may need a little extra oil here or if you find the pancakes are breaking try sliding it out of the pan (cooked side down) onto a plate and then turning it upside down over the pan.
- Once cooked to your liking on both sides (can be as runny as you want as there is no egg to cook) serve onto your plate and repeat the process for the second pancake. You should be able to make 2 large pancakes from this recipe, or 4 small ones.
- Enjoy your awesome, green HULK pancakes packed with protein and healthy carbs, fats and it even has 2 of your fruit and veg for the day.
- Serve with extra coconut shavings and some berries.
Nutritional value per serving: (2 pancakes)
- Protein- 23 grams
- Carbs – 131 grams
- Fats – 20 grams
- Calories – 771 kcals
1 serving counts as 2 of your 10 a day. (3 if you added more berries)
Also contains 100% of your daily Vitamin A, 46% of your daily Iron intake and 50% of your daily calcium and 25% of your daily recommended intake of Vitamin C (more if you add the extra Berries)