These brownies are Vegan, low in sugar and quite possibly the greatest brownies I have ever had the pleasure to eat, crisp on the outside, soft an gooey in the centre and loaded with great chocolatey taste, and they have only 1 gram of sugar per serving.
Ingredients: (makes 8 brownies)
- 2 cups of Black Beans
- 1 cup of oats
- 2 Table Spoons of coconut oil
- 2 Table spoons of Cacao Powder
- 1 Table spoon of Baking Powder
- 50g of 80% dark chocolate
- Blender or Food Processor
- Sharp knife
- Table Spoon
- Measuring cups
- Baking tray
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place 2 cups of oats, 2 table spoons of cacao powder and 1 table spoon of baking powder in a blender or food processor and blend until they are a fine powder.
- Drain and rinse the black beans with cold water.
- Then measure out and add 2 cups of black beans and 2 table spoons of coconut oil and add them to the blender. Blend again until you have a nice smooth mixture.
- Once you have a perfect brownie mixture pour it into your baking tray.
- Weigh of 50g of dark chocolate and finely chop before you fold it into the mixture in your baking tray.
- Place the baking tray in the oven for 20 minutes or until the outside has set and the inside is still soft.
- Remove from the oven and allow the brownies to set and fully cool.
- Slice up and serve, ingredients listed above should make 8 delicious brownie squares.
Nutritional Information: (per Brownie)
- Protein – 5.5 grams
- Carbohydrates – 18 grams
- Fat – 8 grams
- Calories – 164 kcals
As well as some Iron, Potassium and Fibre.