These are the softest and most delicate cookies I have ever eaten, with a delicious blend of flavor and texture they are not to be taken lightly. However unlike most cookies these are healthy, very low in sugar and a nice treat post workout.
Ingredients: (makes 6 cookies)
- 250g pistachios
- 2 cups of oats
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 2 table spoons of coconut oil
- 1 table spoon of ground flax seed
- 1 Heaped table spoon of flaked coconut
- 1 oven
- 1 baking tray
- 1 set of kitchen scaled
- Measuring cups
- 1 table spoon
- 1 blender
- Start by opening the pistachios and making sure to remove all of the shells before you proceed.
- Then measure out 2 cups of oats and blend them down into oat powder.
- Then blend the pistachios into a pistachio butter mix. (think peanut butter but pistachios…duh)
- Mix the oats and pistachio butter together in a mixing bowl and add 1 table spoon of ground flax seeds, 1 table spoon of coconut oil and 1 heaped table spoon of coconut shavings.
- Then add half a cup of almond milk (or any non-dairy milk) and stir until it forms a cookie dough like mixture. (You may need to add more milk if needed)
- Spoon out your dough onto the baking tray in the shape of 6 cookies.
- Oven bake for 8-10 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius. (longer if you like your cookies crunchier)
- Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes.
- Serve up and enjoy.
Nutritional information: (per cookie)
- Protein – 6 grams
- Carbohydrates – 18 grams
- Fats – 11 grams
- Calories – 190 kcals