This is a simple, quick and easy risotto dish, containing 2 portions of your daily fruit and veg. As well as being low in calories it provides plenty of calcium and is a light and tasty dish to enjoy for lunch or dinner.
- 1 cup of Broccoli
- 1 cups of Spinach
- 300ml Rice milk
- Arborio risotto rice
- 1 Vegetable Stock cube
- 1 wok
- measuring cups
- sharp knife
- 2 pots
- 1 hop with minimum 2 rings
- Sieve or colander
- Begin by boiling your kettle full of water
- Place your stock cube in a small pot and when the water has boiled add 500ml of boiling water to this and stir until the cube has dissolved.
- Add 4 large handfuls of your arborio risotto rice t your wok and pour your stock water over the rice and stir
- Add 300ml of rice milk and keep stirring, adding more if it gets dry.
- Wash with cold water in a sieve or colander and chop the broccoli, measuring out 1 cupful and cook as desired in a separate pot whilst remembering to stir the risotto.
- When the risotto is ready add in the broccoli and 1 cup of spinach, stir it up and serve.
- Protein – 8 grams
- Carbohydrates -74 grams
- Fats – 4 grams
- Calories – 356 kcals
Also contains 30% of your daily calcium, 70% of your vitamin A, and 100% of your daily vitamin C. And if your milk has added B12 then you’ll get around 50% of that too.