This vegan desert is light, packed with antioxidants and healthy fats and the perfect combination of crunchy base and soft moussy topping. A great desert for entertaining guests or relatives and a welcome vegan desert they wont believe is home made.
Ingredients: (makes 6 large squares)
- 10 Medjool Dates
- 75 grams of Walnuts
- 1 table spoon of agave nectar
- 1 table spoon of cacao powder
- 4 squares of dark chocolate
- 1 large banana
- 1 large avocado
- 1 table spoon of peppermint extract
- a handful of mint leaves
- 1 blender or food processor
- 1 sharp knife
- 1 set of kitchen scales
- 1 table spoon
- 1 Cake tray
- 1 sheet of baking paper
- 1 refrigerator
- For the base take your 10 dates and start by removing the stones from their cores and chopping them up into smaller pieces.
- Add these to your blender along with 75 grams of walnuts, 1 tablespoon of agave nectar, 1 tablespoon of cacao powder and 2 squares of dark chocolate
- Blend these ingredients until a chunky mixture is formed, it may take a few goes depending on the strength of your blender but just stir it and re-blend until you are satisfied.
- line your cake tray with the baking paper and then add this base mixture to the tray, making sure to spread it evenly across he entire surface.
- Place the base in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes to begin to harden as you create the mouse
- Wash your blender or change the container if possible.
- For the mousse start by peeling your banana and avocado and again adding them to your blender.
- Then add 1 table spoon of peppermint extract and a handful of mint leaves.
- Blend until a thick mousse like substance
- Remove the base base from the fridge, and add the mousse layer, careful to make it an even spread.
- Place the entire thing back in the refrigerator for another 20 minutes.
- Finally to decorate, slice your cake up into 6 large squares and then melt your final 2 squares of dark chocolate and drizzle this over the top of the cake. Add a mint leaf as an optional decoration and enjoy.
Nutritional Values: (per square)
- Protein – 6 grams
- Carbohydrates – 37 grams
- Fats – 13 grams
- Calories – 274 kcals