A very tasty and protein packed granola filled with nutty and seedy goodness and a great way to start your day. Just be warned it packs a calorie punch so best used for days with plenty of activity planned.
- 6 cups of oats
- 1 cup of mixed seeds (sunflower, chia, pumpkin, flax)
- 1 cup of chopped mixed nuts (almonds, hazel nuts, walnuts, cashews)
- 1 cup of raw cacao powder
- 1 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1 cup of agave syrup
- 1 Oven
- 1 large baking tray
- 1 table spoon
- measuring cups
- 1 sharp knife
- 1 baking sheet
- 1 bowl
- 1 large pot
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees before starting
- Then make your chocolate mixture by mixing 1 cup of cacao powder, agave nectar coconut oil in your bowl, until to you a smooth melted chocolate consistency.
- Once done its time to prep your nuts and seeds. Add as much of one or the other as you like, take one cup of mixed chia, flax, pumpkin and sunflower seeds and add it to a pot.
- Then chop up a second cup of mixed nuts, we used cashews, almonds hazelnuts and walnuts but feel free to mix it up. Add these to the pot also
- Add 6 cups of oats to the pot and then stir it all together
- Pour your chocolate mixture into the pot with your dry ingredients and stir well until they are evenly coated in chocolatey goodness
- Then transfer all of the mixture onto a lined baking sheet and spread it out evenly over the surface
- Bake for around 20 minutes or until crunchy
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool, then store in a sealed jar or container
- Serve and enjoy
Nutritional Information: (per 100g dry)
- Protein – 14.5 grams
- Carbs – 54 grams
- Fats – 17 grams
- Calories – 410 kcals
Also includes 33% of your daily fibre 25% of your daily iron intake and some potassium and calcium.