These chunky, lemon and cashew energy balls are perfect for a post workout snack, topped of with coconut flakes and with a chewy creamy texture to satisfy your hunger after a great workout. Be warned they pack a high calorie punch but they are great for after a hard session. Just don’t eat them all at once.
Ingredients: (makes 6 servings)
- 4 cups of rolled oats
- 1 cup of cashew butter
- 2 tablespoons of ground linseed
- 3 table spoons of coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds
- Dash of cashew milk
- 1/2 squeezed lemon
- 1/2 lemon zest
- Measuring cups
- 2 tablespoons
- 1 sharp knife
- 1 large pot
- 1 grater
- Start by measuring out 4 cups of oats and 1 cup of smooth cashew butter and mixing it together in your pot using your spoon.
- Measure out and add 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds and 2 tablespoons of ground linseed and 3 tablespoons of coconut flakes.
- Then take your lemon and slice it in half, squeeze half of it and stir the lemon juice into the mixture and then grate the the other half and add the zest to the mixture.
- Finally add a splash of cashew milk to the mixture and stir it in.
- Your mixture is ready, now it’s time to make the balls.
- Roughly split the mixture into six even sized globs and carefully take each one in hand and roll it into a nice round ball.
- Once you have done this with all six you can add some extra coconut flakes to decorate and then lick your bowl and fingers in satisfaction.
Nutritional Information: (Per Ball)
- Protein – 26 grams
- Carbohydrates – 81 grams
- Fats – 30 grams
- Calories – 681 kcals