This soup is perfect for a light but tasty meal, simple to make but it tastes as if you have spent an age preparing and growing the ingredients yourself for just this very bowl. It is very tasty and just what you want from a hot tomato soup.
Ingredients: (serves 2)
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic
- 5 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon of tumeric
- 2 tablespoons of pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1 large pot
- 1 wok
- 1 hop or stove
- 1 sharp knife
- 1 blender or food processor
- measuring cups
- 1 tea spoon
- 2 tablespoons
- 2 bowls
- Take your garlic clove and onion and slice them up into small chunks and add to your wok. Stir fry this with your garlic for around 5 minutes.
- Then pour the canned tomatoes and your onion and garlic mix into your blender and blend until smooth
- Pour this blended mix back into your pot
- Take your 5 large tomatoes and slice them into smaller chunks and add them to your mixture and heat
- Add a tea spoon of turmeric and continue to heat the soup until evenly warmed and stir well.
- Finally pour into two bowls and garnish with your seeds and chopped walnuts.
Nutritional Information: (Per serving)
- Protein – 15 grams
- Carbohydrates – 30 grams
- Fats – 36 grams
- Calories – 447 kcals
Also includes 50% of your daily intake of vitamin C, 25% of your iron,20% of your daily fibre, and some caladium and vitamin A.
Also the turmeric is great for helping with anti inflammatory issues and aiding recovery.