These Cookies are light, tasty and the perfect treat for you and your children to make and bake together at home as a healthy Vegan alternative to normal cookies. They taste soo good you wont believe they are healthy. With no artificial sugar, flour, butter or sweeteners you and your family will love this recipe.
- 2 Cups of Oats
- 1 Cup of Raisins
- 1 Table spoon of ground flax seeds
- 3 Tablespoons of water
- 2 Grated Carrots
- 2 Table Spoons of coconut oil
- 1 1/2 Tea spoons of baking powder
- 1 1/2 Tea spoons of cinnamon
- 1 Tea spoon of vanilla extract
- 1 Tea spoon of maple syrup
- 1 fridge
- 1 hob
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 pot
- 1 small bowl
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 vegetable peeler
- 1 grater
- 1 oven
- 1 cookie cutter
- 1 baking tray
- 1 rolling pin
- cookie cutters
- Begin by making your flax seed ‘egg’ by mixing 1 tablespoon of ground flax seed with 3 tablespoons of water in your small bowl and placing it in the fridge for 15 minutes
- While this cools you can begin to peel and grate your carrots into thin strips.
- Then melt your 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in your pot on the hob and then add, 2 Cups of Oats, 1 Cup of Raisins, 1 1/2 Tea spoons of baking powder, 1 1/2 Tea spoons of cinnamon, 1 Tea spoon of vanilla extract, 1 Tea spoon of maple syrup and mix it all together well.
- Once this is mixed well remove your flax egg from the fridge and mix it in as well until you have a dough like mixture.
- Place this in the fridge for a further 30 minutes.
- Once the 30 minutes is up flatten out the mixture using a rolling pin and cut out 15 cookies from the dough
- Place the cookies on you baking tray and set them in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes
- Allow to cool and enjoy
Nutritional Information: (per cookie)
- Protein – 4 grams
- Carbohydrates – 23 grams
- Fats – 3.5 grams
- Calories – 137 kcals