This is a stir fry you do not want to miss. Packed full of protein, fibre and accounting for 4 of your portions of vegetables, it is a very tasty and satisfying meal to boost your protein and chow down on some flavorsome veg.
Ingredients: (serves 2)
- 200 grams Tofu
- 1 cup of Edamame Beans
- 1 cup of Chic Peas
- 1 Onion
- 1 large Green bell pepper
- rapeseed oil (to cook with)
- 1 wok
- 1 pot (optional 2nd pot)
- hob with multiple rings
- 1 set of kitchen scales
- measuring cups
- 1 sharp knife
- chopping board
- kettle (optional)
- First of peel and chop your onion into small chunks and add it to your wok with a splash of rapeseed oil and begin to cook.
- Next if you have frozen edamame beans you will need to boil some water and cook them in a separate pot if they are already cooked and ready then hold back for the moment. Boil for 6-8 minutes depending on the packaging instructions.
- Next add your chic peas to a separate pot and boil for 5-6 minutes until cooked.
- While the beans and chic peas are cooking weigh out and slice up your tofu and add it to the wok with the onion.
- Then slice up your pepper into strips and add it along side the onion and tofu
- Stir well and add more oil if needed
- Once the beans and chic peas are ready, drain and add to the wok and stir for one more minute
- Serve and enjoy
Nutritional information: (per serving)
- Protein – 30 grams
- Carbohydrates – 40 grams
- Fats – 14 grams
- Calories – 417 kcals
Also contains 60% of your daily fibre, 100% of your daily vitamin C and 25% of your daily calcium requirements.